CAPZO or Certified Alabama Planning and Zoning Official Training
The City of Decatur has been pleased to offer CAPZO or Certified Alabama Planning and Zoning Official training at the Turner Surles Center the last few weeks. It is coordinated through UNA continuing education and the Alabama Planning Association. To achieve the certification the following courses must be completed successfully.
• The Legal Foundation for Planning and Zoning in Alabama (3.5 hours)
• Powers, Duties, and Responsibilities of Planning Commissions and Boards of Adjustment (3.5 hours)
• Comprehensive Planning: How to Prepare, Update, and Implement Your Plan (3.5 hours)
• Basic Zoning and Subdivision Regulations (3.5 hours)
• Meeting Management and Dispute Resolution Workshop (6 hours)
• Community Planning in Alabama: A Primer for PC and BZA Members-Home Study Course (10 hours)
Tom Polk of the City Building Department completed his CAPZO Certification Thursday with a graduation ceremony. This is another Certification to add to his extensive list of Building Official Certifications. Employees like Tom who seek training and knowledge help to make our City a better place.
Barry Davis of the building department completed three courses and is well on his way to having a CAPZO Certification.
Also seeking CAPZO Certification were
Joseph Wynn, City of Decatur Planning Commission
Frances Tate, City of Decatur Planning Commission,
Myrna Burroughs, City of Decatur Planning Commission,
Nell Standridge, City of Decatur Planning Commission,
Paige Bibbee, City of Decatur Council member,
Barbara L. Jones, City Clerk Town of Trinity,
Larry Lingerfelt, City Council, Geraldine, AL,
Forrest Temple, City of Decatur Board of Zoning Adjustment
Lamont Davis, interested citizen City of Huntsville, AL.